Who are we?
Flight Decorating is a Painting & Decorating based in Colchester, Essex.
When do we collect personal data about you?
- When you are using our services.
- When you interact with us in person, through correspondence, by phone, by social media, or through our websites.
- When we collect personal information from other legitimate sources, such as third-party data aggregators, Flight Decorating marketing partners, public sources or social networks. We only use this data if you have given your consent to them to share your personal data with others.
- We may collect personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if this interest is not overridden by your privacy interests. Before data is collected we make sure an assessment is made, ensuring that there is an established mutual interest between you and Flight Decorating.
Why do we collect and use personal data?
We collect and use personal data mainly to perform direct sales, direct marketing and customer service. We also collect data about suppliers, partners and persons seeking a job or working in our company. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- Send you marketing communications which you have requested. These may include information about our products and services, events, activities, and promotions of our associated partners’ products and services. This communication is subscription based and requires your consent.
- Send you information about the products and services that you have purchased from us.
- Perform direct sales activities in cases where legitimate and mutual interest is established.
- Provide you content and venue details on a webinar or event you signed up for.
- Reply to a ‘Contact Us’ or other web forms you have completed on the Flight Decorating website (e.g. to download a document/PDF).
- Follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls).
- Provide you with access and services related to Flight Decorating.
- Perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoice, reminders, and similar. The contract may be with Flight Decorating directly or with a Flight Decorating partner
- Notify you about any disruptions to our services.
- Contact you to conduct surveys about your opinion on Flight Decorating products and services.
- Process a job application.
Our legal basis for collecting personal data
Collecting personal data based on consents
The collection of personal data based on consent from the data subject will be done by using “Consent Forms” that will store documentation related to the consent given by the individual. Individual consents will always be stored and documented in our systems.
Collecting personal data based on contracts
We use personal information for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with customers, partners and suppliers.
Collecting personal data based on legitimate interest
We may use personal data if it is considered to be of legitimate interest, and if the privacy interests of the data subjects do not override this interest. Normally, to establish the legal basis for data collection, an assessment has been made during which a mutual interest between Flight Decorating and the individual person has been identified. This legal basis is primarily related to our sales and marketing purposes. We will always inform individuals about their privacy rights and the purpose for collecting personal data.
What type of personal data is collected?
We collect name, phone number, title and email address, in addition to your company’s name and contact information. We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you in service-related communication and activities, such as meetings, phone calls, documents, and emails. From our websites we may collect IP-address and actions taken on the site. If you apply for a job at Flight Decorating, we collect the data you provide during the application process. Flight Decorating does not collect or process any special categories of personal data, such as public unique identifiers or sensitive personal data.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfill the purpose for which the personal data was collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems, to comply with legal requirements under applicable laws. This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period of time after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we have collected is no longer required, we will delete it in a secure manner. We may process data for statistical purposes, but in such cases, data will be anonymised.
Your rights to your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that Flight Decorating holds about you.
- The right to request that Flight Decorating corrects your personal data if inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for Flight Decorating to retain such data.
- The right to withdraw any consent to personal data processing at any time. For example, your consent to receive e-marketing communications:
- If you want to withdraw your consent to e-marketing, please make use of the link to manage your subscriptions included in our communication. Please note that you may still receive system messages and administrative communications from Flight Decorating, such as order confirmations, system messages and notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request that Flight Decorating provides you with your personal data and, if possible, to pass on this information directly (in a portable format) to another data controller when the processing is based on consent or contract.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest and/or direct marketing.
Any query about your Privacy Rights should be sent to email@example.com
Do we share your data with anyone?
We do not share, sell, rent, or trade your information with any third parties without your consent, except from what is described below:
Third-party Service Providers working on our behalf:
We may pass your information on to our distributors, agents, sub-contractors and other associated organizations with the purpose of them providing services to you on our behalf. If required by law: We will disclose your personal information if required by law or if we, as a company, reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process. However, we will do what we can to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to analyse the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. For example, if on a previous visit you went to our blog pages, we might find this out from your cookie and highlight similar stories on your second and subsequent visits.
Third Party Cookies
Please note that during your visits to our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to directly to us. When you visit a page with content embedded from YouTube, or one which has a “Share” button, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. We have no control of these cookies and you should check the third party websites for more information about these.